FG places nine-year presidential jet on sale

The Federal Government has put up for sale a jet in the presidential fleet, Hawker 4000 aircraft with registration number, 5N-FGX/: RC 066.

The business-size jet which entered into service in December 2011, has capacity for nine passengers and three crew members.

Findings indicate that only 73 Hawker 4000 aircraft were manufactured by Hawker Beechcraft between 2001 and 2013 and they were sold for $22.91m each as of 2012.

The FG in a published advert on Wednesday disclosed that the aircraft with a range of 3,190-nautical mile had flown for 1,768 hours.

It said the aircraft could be inspected at the Presidential Air Fleet’s hangar located at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Interested buyers were requested to submit their closed bid to the Chairman, Committee for Sale of Aircraft, Office of the National Security Adviser, care of Special Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

In an advertisement published in some national dailies on Wednesday, prospective buyers were directed to submit a refundable bank draft for $50,000 to the committee with the bid.

It also said that all the bids should be quoted in dollars.

The notice read, “Please note that all bids must be submitted within one week of this publication.

“Background check is required as a pre-qualification for the bid. Prospective bidders who want to inspect the aircraft will be granted access within one week from this advertisement.”

The government also said some aircraft in the fleet would be handed over to the Nigeria Air Force for its operations. It could not be confirmed if this had been done.

According to the Presidency, the PAF has 10 aircraft and they include Boeing Business Jet (Boeing 737-800 or Air Force One), one Gulfstream 550, one Gulfstream V (Gulfstream 500), two Falcons 7X, one Hawker Sidley 4000, two AgustaWestland AW 139 helicopters and two AgustaWestland AW 101 helicopters.

Reports said each of the two Falcon 7X jets were purchased in 2010 for $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m.

The Senior Special Assistant, (Media and Publicity) to the President, Garba Shehu, had yet to respond to inquiries on the number of presidential aircraft sold so far, as of the time of filing this report.

Related Posts

Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

Authorities ordered mandatory evacuations in Simi Valley, California, on Monday, May 18, as a large, fast-moving wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres.   Ventura County Sheriff Emergency Services issued mandatory…

Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development   The Palace of His Majesty Obi (Dr) Ifechukwude Aninshi Okonjo II…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

Iran’s parliament allegedly discussing putting a €50million bounty on Trump and Netanyahu’

Iran’s parliament allegedly discussing putting a €50million bounty on Trump and Netanyahu’

Woman who survived World Trade Center 9/11 attacks says her body is burning itself from inside out

Woman who survived World Trade Center 9/11 attacks says her body is burning itself from inside out

Trump says he’ll ‘hold off’ on attacking Iran for now but tells military to be ready ‘on a moment’s notice’

Trump says he’ll ‘hold off’ on attacking Iran for now but tells military to be ready ‘on a moment’s notice’

Pep Guardiola denies Manchester City exit

Pep Guardiola denies Manchester City exit