Uromi bank robbery: Obaseki meets security operatives, unaffected banks may resume operations today

BENIN CITY—Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, yesterday, met with heads of security agencies to strengthen the state’s security architecture and ensure that those behind the recent armed robbery and killings in Uromi, Esan North East Local Government Area of the state were arrested and brought to book.

This came as indications emerged that the two banks that were not affected by the robbery may open for operations today while others would take one to three months before they can resume operations.

READ ALSO: https://ugamatv.com/edo-family-wants-fathers-entitlements-from-britain-82-years-after-demise%ef%bf%bc/

A source close to the bankers association said: “We had a meeting and I expect that the two banks that were not affected will resume operations on Tuesday but for those affected, it will take one to three months for them to get back to operation.”

Meanwhile at the meeting, Obaseki, represented by his deputy, Mr. Philip Shaibu, said the state was strengthening its collaboration, revving up strategies and deploying technologies to make Edo uninhabitable for armed robbers and other criminal elements.

He said: “The synergy between the security agencies, youths and the vigilante network in the state is commendable as it has led to the recovery of some items. We applaud this cooperation and urge the people of Edo State to remain calm as we have upgraded our security architecture.”

Assuring of the security of lives and property of Edo citizens, he added: “I want to let our people know that we have beefed up security in the state and urge everyone to go about their normal business in Edo State. These criminals have no hiding place, we would make the state hot for them.”

On his part, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, Miller Dantawaye, said mechanisms had been put in place to ensure that such incidents don’t reoccur and perpetrators of the dastardly act are brought to book.

Related Posts

Enugu Housing Corporation Launches Digital Land Transactions*

_…as Mbah moves to deepen transparency, fast-track C-of-O issuance_ The Enugu State Government has launched a fully digitized land transaction and documentation system for the Enugu State Housing Development Corporation…

Ronaldo Secures Historic Saudi Pro League Title for Al Nassr

      Al Nassr captain, Cristiano Ronaldo, has finally won the Saudi Pro League title.     They were confirmed champions on Thursday, thanks to a 4-2 win over…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Enugu Housing Corporation Launches Digital Land Transactions*

Enugu Housing Corporation Launches Digital Land Transactions*

Ronaldo Secures Historic Saudi Pro League Title for Al Nassr

Ronaldo Secures Historic Saudi Pro League Title for Al Nassr

Carnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate

Carnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate

Plateau APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Aspirants File Petitions, SAN Demands ₦10bn Damages

Plateau APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Aspirants File Petitions, SAN Demands ₦10bn Damages

*BREAKING: ADC Enugu Concludes Peaceful, Credible Primaries as Consensus Candidates Emerge

*BREAKING: ADC Enugu Concludes Peaceful, Credible Primaries as Consensus Candidates Emerge

Tinubu to Launch AU Maritime Task Force as Navy Marks 70th Anniversary

Tinubu to Launch AU Maritime Task Force as Navy Marks 70th Anniversary