One person has been confirmed dead while two others were injured and are currently receiving treatment after a late-night attack in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
The development was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst, Zagazola Makama on Monday night.
According to the post, Security sources said the incident happened around 11:15 p.m. on May 17, 2026, when troops stationed at the Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Bingi received a distress call about an attack on Dan Jugku village.
Troops of the 1 Brigade Combat Team reportedly moved quickly to the scene, where they found that three residents had been shot during the attack.
“One victim was confirmed dead on the spot, while the two injured persons were evacuated to a clinic in Bingi for medical attention,”Makama wrote.
Efforts are said to be ongoing to restore calm in the area, with security patrols intensified in nearby communities to prevent further attacks and track down those responsible.




