LEBANON BLAST UPDATE : NO NIGERIAN KILLED IN BEIRUT EXPLOSION -FG CLARIFIES

THE Federal Government has clarified that there was no Nigerian among the casualties of the August 4 explosion in Beirut, Lebanon, which claimed over 150 lives and injured hundreds of others.

The incident, which was reported to have been caused by a blast inside a warehouse, released a strong shockwave causing catastrophic damage to infrastructure and buildings in different parts of the city.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in a statement in Abuja on Monday, commiserated with the Lebanese Government over the tragedy.

In a Statement by the ministry’s spokesman, Mr Ferdinand Nwonye, titled, ‘Federal Government commiserates with Lebanon over deadly explosion’, the FG said it was in solidarity with the Arab nation in this period of grief.

It called for international support to facilitate the rebuilding process.

The statement read in part, “The Federal Government of Nigeria wishes to commiserate with the government and people of Lebanon over the August 4, 2020 deadly explosion that occurred in the main seaport in Beirut.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to inform the general public that reports from the Embassy of Nigeria in Beirut indicate that so far, there is no reported case of Nigerian nationals among the dead, but the host authorities are still assessing the impact of the damage caused by the massive explosion.”

Related Posts

Senate Rule Amendment Meant to Strengthen Institution, Not Protect Individuals — Eseme Eyiboh Insists

The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, Rt. Hon. Eseme Eyiboh, has defended the recent amendment to the Senate Standing Rules, insisting that the move…

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of N100 million in his trial over alleged breach of national…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Senate Rule Amendment Meant to Strengthen Institution, Not Protect Individuals — Eseme Eyiboh Insists

Senate Rule Amendment Meant to Strengthen Institution, Not Protect Individuals — Eseme Eyiboh Insists

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

Nigerian Ports Authority Announces Arrival of Nine Ships at Lagos Ports

Nigerian Ports Authority Announces Arrival of Nine Ships at Lagos Ports

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Says Cubana Chief Priest’s Defeat Reflects Igbo Discontent With Tinubu

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Says Cubana Chief Priest’s Defeat Reflects Igbo Discontent With Tinubu

Money or Misery? Timini Egbuson Weighs in on Wealth and Happiness

Money or Misery? Timini Egbuson Weighs in on Wealth and Happiness

APC Primaries: Five Sitting Ondo Reps Members Defeated [Full List]

APC Primaries: Five Sitting Ondo Reps Members Defeated [Full List]