‘Jealous’ husband who brutally st@bbed his wife to de@th is found guilty of murd£r

A man who st@bbed his wife to de@th in front of their infant son after tracking her to a refuge has been found guilty of murd£r.

 

 

 

Habibur Masum st@bbed Kulsuma Akter more than 25 times after confronting her in Bradford while she pushed their seven-month-old son in a pram in April 2024. The baby was unharmed.

 

 

 

 

Bradford Crown Court heard Ms Akter, 27, had been living in a refuge in the city since January after Masum held a knife to her throat at their home in Oldham.

 

 

 

 

Masum, 26, of Leamington Avenue in Burnley, had pleaded guilty to manslaughter and possession of a bladed article but was convicted of murd£r after a trial. He will be sentenced on the 22 July.

 

 

 

He was also convicted of one count of assault by beating, making a threat to k!ll, and stalking.

 

 

 

His trial heard Ms Akter left the hostel to meet a friend on the day of the attack in the belief that Masum was away in Spain.

 

 

 

However, he later confronted her in the city centre having tracked her through her phone location.

 

 

 

Masum was seen on CCTV attempting to take control of the pram and steer Ms Akter away with him.

 

 

 

 

He pulled a knife from his jacket and repeatedly st@bbed her after she refused to go with him.

 

 

 

 

The trial heard he calmly walked away after the “ferocious” attack on 6 April and was pictured grinning on CCTV as he boarded a bus, with prosecutors describing him as the “smiling k!ller”.

 

 

 

Masum then travelled almost 200 miles (321km) south to Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, sparking a nationwide manhunt.

 

 

 

He was arrested in the early hours of 9 April in a car park near Stoke Mandeville Hospital, where he had gone to be treated for “lockjaw”.

 

 

 

Reacting to the conviction, Det Ch Insp Stacey Atkinson, of West Yorkshire Police, said Ms Akter had “suffered a brutal attack in broad daylight whilst her baby son was in his pram”.

 

 

 

“Kulsuma’s family have been left absolutely devastated by her death, I hope today’s conviction will bring them a sense of justice in knowing that the man responsible has been found guilty,” she said.

 

 

 

Related Posts

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

        A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Joe Igbokwe, has condemned the move by the presidential candidate of the 2027 African Democratic Congress, ADC, Atiku…

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

        The second session of the United States-Nigeria Joint Working Group, JWG on Nigeria’s Particular Concern Designation took place this week in Washington.     Under Secretary…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate