Insurgency: Zulum receives Cameroonian military delegation

Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, on Thursday, received a delegation of the Cameroonian military at the Government House in Maiduguri, the state capital.

At the meeting, the governor tasked the Cameroonian delegation on the need for Nigeria and Cameroon to team up to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

The Cameroonian military delegation was led by the 4th region joint military commander, General Saly Mohammadou. He was accompanied by Commander Sector 1 Multinational Joint Task Force, General Bouba Dobekreo; Commander Fourth Gendarmerie, Brigadier General Essoh Jules-Cesar; GOC 7 Div Bridgdier, Gen. AK Ibrahim, among others.

Zulum in a statement said the Cameroonian military was in Nigeria to share experience and improve collaboration between forces of the two countries in the fight against insurgency in the Lake Chad region.

He said, “Cameroon and Nigeria, most of our people shares the same tradition and culture. Though the insecurity has affected all the countries in the Lake Chad region, all our economies have been affected. Therefore, there is need for us to come together and fight this insurgency.

READ ALSO Anyim told Jonathan’s wife not to support my gov bid – Umahi

“The issue of trans-border trade is very important, all of us know Banki. We are doing everything possible to reopen Banki market, we are planning to reopen Bama-Banki road. Let us support the security architectures, so that we can ensure free movement of our people.”

UGAMATV had earlier reported that the governor made six recommendations to the Federal Government to defeat insurgency.

The recommendations include the engagement of the services of the governments of Chad, Cameroon and Niger Republic as well as the services of mercenaries to defeat the Boko Haram terrorists.

Zulum had made the recommendations last weekend following the killing of 43 rice farmers by Boko Haram members.

Related Posts

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

        A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Joe Igbokwe, has condemned the move by the presidential candidate of the 2027 African Democratic Congress, ADC, Atiku…

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

        The second session of the United States-Nigeria Joint Working Group, JWG on Nigeria’s Particular Concern Designation took place this week in Washington.     Under Secretary…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate