AMCON says: We didn’t detain Enugu school students

THE Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria has denied storming the Providence High School located on Independence Layout in Enugu, Enugu State.

AMCON was reacting to reports that 344 female students of the school were detained after its officials stormed the Enugu school with over 50 mobile policemen.

Recall that policemen on Thursday last week went to the property housing the school which was used to borrow money from banks by the late owner, Ferdinand Anaghara, who in turn gave the property to one Mrs Elizabeth Onwuagha.

However, some online reports had it that AMCON detained over 344 students.

But a statement by Head, Corporate Communications Department of AMCON, Jude Nwauzor, indicated that the agency never shut down the school and did not detain any student, insisting that its mission in the school was only to place a possessory signpost on the wall.

READ ALSO Gunmen abduct Immigration spokesperson in Edo

“Aside the school authorities that were approached before the signs were placed, the students, some of whom were in their hostels and their various classes, did not know that any enforcement exercise even took place.

“Please, AMCON did not storm the Enugu school with over 50 mobile policemen to detain students and their teachers. AMCON also did not prevent school activities from continuing as claimed by some reports,” the statement read in part.

The agency explained that the gate of the school “is still open, and activities are ongoing. It’s all lies told to curry public sympathy and to delay the repayment of a huge debt of over N7.6bn, which is the main issue.”

Related Posts

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

        A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Joe Igbokwe, has condemned the move by the presidential candidate of the 2027 African Democratic Congress, ADC, Atiku…

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

        The second session of the United States-Nigeria Joint Working Group, JWG on Nigeria’s Particular Concern Designation took place this week in Washington.     Under Secretary…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate