We’ll shield resident from IPOB’s sit-at-home danger – Anambra, police

ANAMBRA State Government and the state Police Command have assured citizens of protection from the sit-at-home threat of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra.

This was as a  group known as Igbo for a Progressive Nigeria condemned the every-Monday-sit-at-home order by the IPOB to prevail on the Federal Government to release its leader, Nnamdi Kanu.

IPOB had declared what it called ‘Ghost Monday’ in the South-East, starting from August 9.

The National Leader of the group, Lawrence Onuzulike, in a statement in Awka, Anambra State, on Monday said the proscribed secessionist group’s declaration was anti-Igbo, stating that it would adversely affect economic growth of Nigeria and the South-East in particular.

He said, “IPOB must not continue to oppress Ndigbo and add to their sufferings. Why must they force their fights and struggles on the entire Igbo nation?

READ ALSO Buni: Osinbajo, govs start talks as dread grasps APC

“If governors of the South-East cannot protect the lives and properties of their subjects, then something is wrong. We call on the Federal Government to protect the lives of Igbo people if Igbo leaders are playing hide and seek.”

The group enjoined IPOB to engage in exercises that would protect the Igbo and not to always oppress and threaten their people.

However, the Anambra State Government and the Police Command said measures had been put in place to ensure that the people of the state would not be intimidated by any person or group.

The state Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C-Don Adinuba, said, “We won’t disclose our plans in the media, but I want to assure you that we have big plans to ensure that our people are free from any form of intimidation.”

Similarly, the state Police Command said there was no need for alarm over the threat.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, said the Command was committed to the protection of the people of the state.

Related Posts

Carnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate

_…As Governor extols Enugu APC as model for internal democracy_ Enugu State Governor, Dr. Peter Mbah, is poised to secure the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship ticket, as party members…

Plateau APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Aspirants File Petitions, SAN Demands ₦10bn Damages

The crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Plateau State has intensified as aggrieved aspirants filed multiple petitions before the National Assembly Appeal Committee, describing the recently concluded primaries…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Carnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate

Carnival as Enugu APC Turns Out En Masse to Affirm Mbah Guber Candidate

Plateau APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Aspirants File Petitions, SAN Demands ₦10bn Damages

Plateau APC Primaries Crisis Deepens as Aspirants File Petitions, SAN Demands ₦10bn Damages

*BREAKING: ADC Enugu Concludes Peaceful, Credible Primaries as Consensus Candidates Emerge

*BREAKING: ADC Enugu Concludes Peaceful, Credible Primaries as Consensus Candidates Emerge

Tinubu to Launch AU Maritime Task Force as Navy Marks 70th Anniversary

Tinubu to Launch AU Maritime Task Force as Navy Marks 70th Anniversary

‘This isn’t the news anyone expects’ Vanessa Trump, 48, reveals breast cancer diagnosis

‘This isn’t the news anyone expects’ Vanessa Trump, 48, reveals breast cancer diagnosis

Gunmen abduct LG vice chairman in Ekiti

Gunmen abduct LG vice chairman in Ekiti