SETIEN KEEN ON NEYMAR’S RETURN

Barcelona coach Quique Setien says he would love to coach Neymar and would be “delighted” if the Brazilian returns to the club from Paris Saint-Germain.

Barca tried to re-sign Neymar last year but were unable to agree on a deal with French champions PSG, whom he joined for a world-record fee of 222 million euros ($264 million at the time) in 2017.

An agreement may even harder to strike this summer given the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic, although reportedly Barcelona could offer players in exchange.

“I would love to be able to coach him someday,” said Setien, speaking to beIN Sport on Friday night. “We are talking about an exceptional level. Fortunately, I have already fulfilled one of my dreams, which was to coach (Lionel) Messi but I would be delighted if Neymar comes.”

Neymar previously formed a successful attacking trio with Luis Suarez and Messi at Barcelona but the future of Suarez is uncertain.

The 33-year-old has not played since January when he underwent surgery on an injury to his right knee, and Setien admitted he needs more time to regain full fitness with La Liga due to restart from its coronavirus-enforced suspension in the middle of next month.

Asked if Suarez was fully fit, Setien said: “No, I think he’s in a good condition and has been working with the group. But we see that he lacks a bit of confidence.

“He underwent an operation and after two months I would say he’s still recovering. But it’s clear that soon (he will be ready), I don’t know whether it will be two, three or four weeks.”

Barcelona sits top of the table, two points ahead of Real Madrid.

La Liga president Javier Tebas has said the preferred date for the season to resume is June 12 but the restart will depend on the Spanish health authorities.

  • Related Posts

    Skales: You Don’t Need to Be a Starter to Earn Big in Football

          ℕ𝕚𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕜𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕕𝕖𝕓𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕗𝕠𝕠𝕥𝕓𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤, 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕔𝕔𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖…

    Chelsea announce Xabi Alonso as manager

    Xabi Alonso has been officially confirmed as Chelsea’s new manager.   The Spaniard will begin his role on July 1, 2026, having agreed a four‑year contract at Stamford Bridge.  …

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Allegations, Confusion Rock Taraba APC Primaries

    Allegations, Confusion Rock Taraba APC Primaries

    ‘They Won’t Have Source of Finance’ — Ahmad Gumi on Why Herdsmen Can’t Leave Banditry

    ‘They Won’t Have Source of Finance’ — Ahmad Gumi on Why Herdsmen Can’t Leave Banditry

    Onjeh, Ottah, Alapa Contest APC Senatorial Ticket in Benue South

    Onjeh, Ottah, Alapa Contest APC Senatorial Ticket in Benue South

    Senate Rule Amendment Meant to Strengthen Institution, Not Protect Individuals — Eseme Eyiboh Insists

    Senate Rule Amendment Meant to Strengthen Institution, Not Protect Individuals — Eseme Eyiboh Insists

    Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

    Court Grants El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

    Nigerian Ports Authority Announces Arrival of Nine Ships at Lagos Ports

    Nigerian Ports Authority Announces Arrival of Nine Ships at Lagos Ports