Paramount CEO Calls Netflix’s WBD Bid ‘Inferior,’ Pushes $30 Per Share Offer

Paramount has launched a hostile all-cash tender offer to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery for $30 per share, valuing the company at $108.4 billion and challenging a previously accepted deal between WBD and Netflix.

The offer represents a 139% premium over WBD’s September share price of $12.54. Paramount described Netflix’s earlier bid as “inferior and uncertain.”

Paramount CEO David Ellison said:

“WBD shareholders deserve an opportunity to consider our superior all-cash offer.”

Last week, Warner Bros. Discovery accepted Netflix’s $27.25-per-share bid, worth about $82.7 billion, for its studio and streaming arm, HBO Max. Paramount’s new bid covers the entire WBD business, including cable networks such as CNN, TBS, and Discovery Channel.

 

In a statement, Paramount said:

“Our offer provides a superior alternative to the Netflix transaction, which offers inferior and uncertain value and exposes WBD shareholders to a protracted multi-jurisdictional regulatory clearance process.”

 

Ellison added:

“We believe our offer will create a stronger Hollywood. It is in the best interests of the creative community, consumers and the movie theater industry.”

 

Following the announcement, Warner Bros. Discovery shares rose over 6%, Paramount climbed more than 3%, while Netflix fell over 3% in early trading.

Related Posts

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

        A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Joe Igbokwe, has condemned the move by the presidential candidate of the 2027 African Democratic Congress, ADC, Atiku…

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

        The second session of the United States-Nigeria Joint Working Group, JWG on Nigeria’s Particular Concern Designation took place this week in Washington.     Under Secretary…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

“This Is Becoming Childish”: Joe Igbokwe Blasts Atiku Over NYSC Certificate Demand

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

US-Nigeria Joint Working Group Convenes in Washington to Address Security and Humanitarian Concerns

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Behind the Beef: Seyi Vibez Claims He Built Dapper Music’s Career from Scratch

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Shallipopi Accuses Dapper Music of Withholding Royalties from 46 Songs and Selling His Catalogue

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Osun Governorship Poll: Police Restrict All Vehicular and Pedestrian Movement from Friday Midnight

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate

Atiku Seeks Tinubu’s Disqualification from 2027 Election Over Alleged Forged NYSC Certificate