Fury, Whyte sign contract for WBC heavyweight title fight

The contract for the WBC Heavyweight title fight has been signed by Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury, with the bout expected to hold at the Wembley Stadium in April.

Whyte, a WBC interim title holder, will challenge Fury who is the WBC Heavyweight champion. He had earlier knocked out Alexander Povetkin to secure his current title.

Speaking on his eagerness to fight Fury, he told Sky Sports.

He said, “Wherever they want the fight, whenever they want the fight, I don’t care.

“I’ve been trying to fight him for a long time. I’ve been ready to fight him for a long time.

“I just want to fight him for the world title now.”

On his part, Fury stated that the coming fight will be his easiest because Whyte is not on his level.

Read Also Anthony Joshua, Usyk rematch to hold April 2022

“In this game, there is levels to it – that’s just the top and bottom of it in boxing – and Dillian Whyte just isn’t at Tyson’s level,” Fury said.

“This will be one of Tyson’s easiest fights because you go from Deontay Wilder who can put your lights out in one second with one punch and then you’re going over to Dillian Whyte who has not always looked the best, not always been up there.

“He’s taken a while to get this title shot, he’s got a few miles on the clock himself, he’s had a few bad knock-outs – I don’t see him posing any threat.

“It’s heavyweight boxing, anything can happen, but as far as him being the best and ruling the division, Tyson is that man and will do for however long he wants to.”

Related Posts

‘This isn’t the news anyone expects’ Vanessa Trump, 48, reveals breast cancer diagnosis

Vanessa Trump, the ex-wife of the U.S. president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., revealed Wednesday, May 20, that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.   The 48-year-old shared the…

Gunmen abduct LG vice chairman in Ekiti

Gunmen have abducted the Vice Chairman of Ilejemeje Local Government Area of Ekiti State, Grace Ogunleye.   According to reports, Ogunleye was kidnapped along the Ipere–Iludun Ekiti road while returning…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

‘This isn’t the news anyone expects’ Vanessa Trump, 48, reveals breast cancer diagnosis

‘This isn’t the news anyone expects’ Vanessa Trump, 48, reveals breast cancer diagnosis

Gunmen abduct LG vice chairman in Ekiti

Gunmen abduct LG vice chairman in Ekiti

Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle names squad for Unity Cup

Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle names squad for Unity Cup

Sierra Leone receives Nigerian, Ghanaian, Senegalese migrants deported from US

Sierra Leone receives Nigerian, Ghanaian, Senegalese migrants deported from US

President Tinubu appoints 39-year-old Professor of Computer Engineering as new JAMB registrar

President Tinubu appoints 39-year-old Professor of Computer Engineering as new JAMB registrar

Meta lays off 8,000 employees as A.I. restructuring accelerates

Meta lays off 8,000 employees as A.I. restructuring accelerates