FG not aware of $875m ammunition deal with US –Minister

The Federal Government says it is not aware of any $875 million ammunition deal with the US which is being purportedly blocked by some lawmakers in that country.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said this while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Abuja.

He said there was no contract of such nature and sum between Nigeria and the US

“There is no contract of arms between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United States of America today apart from the 12 Super Tucano Attack Helicopters of which six had been delivered.

“We are quite satisfied with the progress and cooperation that we received from the government of the US on this issue.

READ ALSO “When Allen Onyema of Airpeace was indicted by FBI, we stood by him and he was later vindicated” FFK continues to speak in defense of Abba Kyari

“As a matter of fact, six of the Tucano helicopter will be launched on Aug. 3, this year.

“We are not aware of the so called 875million USD arms contract or some helicopters which they said some lawmakers in the US are trying to persuade the president of the US not to honour

“The relationship between Nigeria and the US is smooth and waxing stronger,” he said.

There had been reports that influential U.S. lawmakers were masterminding a hold on a proposed sale of ammunition and attack helicopters to Nigeria over allegations of human rights abuses and anti-democratic actions of the present administration.

The report listed the blocked proposed sale to include 12 AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters accompanied by defence systems, 28 helicopter engines produced by GE Aviation and 14 military-grade aircraft navigation systems made by Honeywell.

Related Posts

Toyin Abraham Mourns Oyo State Abductions, Calls for Urgent Action

        Nigerian actress and filmmaker, Toyin Abraham, has expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident involving teachers and children abducted in Oyo State.     In an…

MC Fish Accuses Ex-Wife Anita Joseph of Infidelity with Prominent Men

    Popular Nigerian hypeman, Real MC Fish, has accused his ex-wife, actress Anita Joseph, of having extramarital affairs with some prominent men in society.     MC Fish made…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Toyin Abraham Mourns Oyo State Abductions, Calls for Urgent Action

Toyin Abraham Mourns Oyo State Abductions, Calls for Urgent Action

MC Fish Accuses Ex-Wife Anita Joseph of Infidelity with Prominent Men

MC Fish Accuses Ex-Wife Anita Joseph of Infidelity with Prominent Men

Final Farewell to a Matriarch: Ekweremadu’s Mother-in-Law Set for Burial May 28 — As Mbah, Otti, Anyim, Wabara and Other National Leaders Pay Glowing Tributes to a Life of Service and Legacy

Final Farewell to a Matriarch: Ekweremadu’s Mother-in-Law Set for Burial May 28 — As Mbah, Otti, Anyim, Wabara and Other National Leaders Pay Glowing Tributes to a Life of Service and Legacy

Botswana Government denies declaring public holiday for Arsenal fans after Premier League win

Botswana Government denies declaring public holiday for Arsenal fans after Premier League win

US doctor tests positive for Ebola in Congo, transferred to Germany for treatment

US doctor tests positive for Ebola in Congo, transferred to Germany for treatment

Kim Kardashian reveals why she takes 35 pills a day

Kim Kardashian reveals why she takes 35 pills a day