Breaking: UTME Resit Results to Be Released on Wednesday, JAMB Confirms

 

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, says it will release the results of 379,000 candidates who sat for the rescheduled Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, on Wednesday.

UGAMATV reports that the resit was conducted between Friday and Monday after widespread complaints of technical and human errors during the initial UTME, which significantly impacted candidates’ performance, especially in Lagos and the South-East.

The Board stated that the glitches necessitated rescheduling the exam, acknowledging lapses in its system.

Recall that last week, the JAMB’s Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, publicly accepted responsibility and even broke down in tears while announcing a makeup exam for the affected candidates.

UGAMATV reports that out of the 1,955,069 candidates who took the original UTME, more than 1.5 million scored below 200 marks out of a possible 400, fueling concern over the fairness and credibility of the exam.

The Board’s spokesman, Fabian Benjamin, while speaking to newsmen on Monday, confirmed the resit results would be released on Wednesday.

“The results of the candidates who took the rescheduled exam will be released on Wednesday,” Benjamin said.

The registrar previously disclosed that 379,997 candidates were affected—206,610 across 65 centres in Lagos and 173,387 in 92 centres in the South-East.

He described the disruptions as an act of “sabotage” and said affected candidates were notified via SMS starting last Thursday.

Of the nearly two million results processed, only 4,756 candidates (0.24%) scored 320 and above.

A breakdown of the result shows that 7,658 candidates (0.39%) scored between 300 and 319, bringing the number of those who scored 300 and above to just 12,414 (0.63%).

Also, 73,441 candidates (3.76%) scored between 250–299; 334,560 (17.11%) scored between 200–249; 983,187 (50.29%) scored between 160–199; 488,197 (24.97%) scored between 140–159; 57,419 (2.94%) scored between 120–139; 3,820 (0.20%) scored between 100–119; while 2,031 (0.10%) scored below 100.

 

 

 

  • Related Posts

    Buhari’s Former Aide Onochie Says Tinubu Has Ruined APC

    Lauretta Onochie, a former media aide to the late ex-President Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday accused President Bola Tinubu of destroying anything he touches. Posting on X, Onochie stressed that the All Progressives…

    12 Jigawa Lawmakers Lose Return Tickets Amid APC Political Realignments

    A major political ‘tsunami’ has hit the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Jigawa State as 12 serving state and federal lawmakers lost their chances of returning to office following…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Buhari’s Former Aide Onochie Says Tinubu Has Ruined APC

    Buhari’s Former Aide Onochie Says Tinubu Has Ruined APC

    12 Jigawa Lawmakers Lose Return Tickets Amid APC Political Realignments

    12 Jigawa Lawmakers Lose Return Tickets Amid APC Political Realignments

    APC Denies Disqualifying Any Gubernatorial Aspirant in Oyo

    APC Denies Disqualifying Any Gubernatorial Aspirant in Oyo

    Kolade Otitoju Reveals Reason Makinde Did Not Pick PDP Presidential Form

    Kolade Otitoju Reveals Reason Makinde Did Not Pick PDP Presidential Form

    ‘Anyone Saying One Term Can Repair Nigeria Is Being Dishonest’ — Segun Sowunmi

    ‘Anyone Saying One Term Can Repair Nigeria Is Being Dishonest’ — Segun Sowunmi

    Shagari Says Fubara Voluntarily Withdrew From APC Governorship Primaries

    Shagari Says Fubara Voluntarily Withdrew From APC Governorship Primaries