Brazillian winger Alves joins Kwara United on one-year deal

Kwara United have snapped up exciting Brazilian winger Lucas Ribeiro Alves on a one-year loan deal.

The new arrival will be unveiled soon, according to the player’s Greece-based Nigerian agent Peter Denise Alade.

Alves is the second high-profile signing to join the Afonja Warriors, ahead of the 2020/21 Nigeria Professional Football League, following the arrival of former Super Eagles goalkeeper Dele Ayenugba from Israeli side Hapoel Afula.

Our correspondent learnt Kwara United had been on the trail of the former Corinthians winger, with Alade playing a key role in the arrival of the South American to the Ilorin-based club.

Alves, who can also function as a midfielder, had a stint in the US cut short following the outbreak of  COVID-19 in March.

The 25-year-old is hoping to play a big role in Kwara United’s campaign next season, but admits the NPFL is a new challenge.

“I feel good, it’s a challenge and I’m going to learn a lot here. After I left the US due to coronavirus, I returned to Brazil but Peter (Nigerian agent) told me to come here (Kwara United), he said they play good football in Nigeria,” Alves told Newsmen.

“I’ll do my best to help the team; what’s important is the team. So many things like the food and the way they drive here is new to me, but I enjoyed the reception I got. It’s a lovely place to be.”

Nigerian agent Alade, CEO of Prime Sports Management, said Alves would bring along the Brazillian flair to Kwara United.

“Lucas is a highly disciplined professional footballer. He will bring the Brazillian style; he’s a playmaker with good passes and scores goals too,” Alade said.

  • Related Posts

    Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

    Authorities ordered mandatory evacuations in Simi Valley, California, on Monday, May 18, as a large, fast-moving wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres.   Ventura County Sheriff Emergency Services issued mandatory…

    Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

    Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development   The Palace of His Majesty Obi (Dr) Ifechukwude Aninshi Okonjo II…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

    Authorities order mandatory evacuations in California as wildfire scorched more than 1,300 acres

    Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

    Ogwashi-Uku Palace Debunks “Murder, Kidnapping, Conviction” Claims As Recycled Falsehoods; Defends Massive Land Recovery Projects For Community Development

    Iran’s parliament allegedly discussing putting a €50million bounty on Trump and Netanyahu’

    Iran’s parliament allegedly discussing putting a €50million bounty on Trump and Netanyahu’

    Woman who survived World Trade Center 9/11 attacks says her body is burning itself from inside out

    Woman who survived World Trade Center 9/11 attacks says her body is burning itself from inside out

    Trump says he’ll ‘hold off’ on attacking Iran for now but tells military to be ready ‘on a moment’s notice’

    Trump says he’ll ‘hold off’ on attacking Iran for now but tells military to be ready ‘on a moment’s notice’

    Pep Guardiola denies Manchester City exit

    Pep Guardiola denies Manchester City exit