Airtel extends work-from-home policy by 2 weeks

Airtel extends work-from-home policy by 2 weeks – P.M. News

Airtel Nigeria has extended its work-from-home policy by two weeks in a bid to safeguard them from contracting coronavirus and stem the spread of the virus.

Airtel Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Segun Ogunsanya, made this known in a statement on Saturday in Lagos.

He said that the company’s employees particularly affected were those in Lagos, Ogun State, and Abuja, the epicenters of COVID-19 infections in Nigeria.

” They have been told to continue to work from home until the end of May,” he said

Airtel extends work-from-home policy by 2 weeks – P.M. News

Ogunsanya urged the company’s employees in other parts of the country to observe the nationwide 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew while adhering to restriction orders obtainable in their states of operation.

“All employees have been charged to take responsibility for their health and safety as well as that of their families and colleagues, by maintaining social distancing, observing the prescribed hygiene protocols, and wearing the appropriate face masks.

“I want to commend all employees for their strict compliance with the prescribed safety and hygiene measures which has resulted in zero-infection in Airtel.

“I prayed that God continues to protect them all and their loved ones, “Ogunsanya said.

He, however, noted that some Airtel outlets were open across the country with a reduced number of employees in compliance with government regulations.

Airtel extends work-from-home policy by 2 weeks – P.M. News

Ogunsanya said that all agents had been charged to ensure contactless interactions whenever possible as they served customers.

He also urged customers to download the Airtel self-care app to avail themselves of a world of products, services, and self-care in problem resolutions.

“We are mindful of the circumstances and are thankful for all the company’s online platforms are working optimally with excellent resilience to withstand the pressure of contactless customer service.

“I want to assure our customers that in spite of the challenges, the network is up and running without any major issues,” the managing director said.

He commended the offices of the National Security Adviser (NSA) and Inspector General of Police (IGP) for providing security passes for Airtel engineers to move about freely to ensure uninterrupted network availability.

Ogunsanya said that the company would review the situation at the end of the month to determine the next steps with regard to the resumption of work at their offices.

  • Related Posts

    Aliko Dangote Named African Energy Person of the Year 2026

    Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa and president of Dangote Group, including Dangote Refinery and Cement, has emerged as the African Energy Person of 2026. African Energy Chamber disclosed…

    Nigeria Inflation Inches Up to 15.69% in April 2026, But Month-on-Month Slowdown Noted

          Nigeria’s inflation rate increased marginally in April 2026, rising to 15.69 per cent from 15.38 per cent recorded in March, according to the latest Consumer Price Index,…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Says Cubana Chief Priest’s Defeat Reflects Igbo Discontent With Tinubu

    Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Says Cubana Chief Priest’s Defeat Reflects Igbo Discontent With Tinubu

    Money or Misery? Timini Egbuson Weighs in on Wealth and Happiness

    Money or Misery? Timini Egbuson Weighs in on Wealth and Happiness

    APC Primaries: Five Sitting Ondo Reps Members Defeated [Full List]

    APC Primaries: Five Sitting Ondo Reps Members Defeated [Full List]

    Aliko Dangote Named African Energy Person of the Year 2026

    Aliko Dangote Named African Energy Person of the Year 2026

    Nigeria Inflation Inches Up to 15.69% in April 2026, But Month-on-Month Slowdown Noted

    Nigeria Inflation Inches Up to 15.69% in April 2026, But Month-on-Month Slowdown Noted

    Ahead of 2027 Polls, Key PDP Faction Schedules Presidential Screening for Jonathan

    Ahead of 2027 Polls, Key PDP Faction Schedules Presidential Screening for Jonathan