You Have One Week To Withdraw Soldiers From Nsukka Or There Will Be Trouble,’ Unknown Gunman Threatens Council Chairman In Enugu   

An unidentified gunman has issued a 7-day ultimatum to the Chairman of Nsukka Local Government Area in Enugu to ensure that soldiers pull out of Nsukka or there will be trouble.

He accused the soldiers, whom they alleged were from one section of the country, of committing rape and ethnic cleansing against the local communities and not protecting the people. 

The gunman made the threat in a video sent to the local government chairman of Igboeze South, Vitus Okechi, adding that they can no longer tolerate alleged killings and ethnic profiling by soldiers in Nsukka.

The video shows the masked gunman, wielding two AK-47 rifles while making a broadcast. 

In the video seen by SaharaReporters, he said, “Vitus, Local Government Chairman somewhere in Nsukka.

READ ALSO Atiku copied Buhari’s economic blueprint – Lai Mohammed 

“I am in Anambra State, in my camp, Vitus, I am the commander in Anambra State as a whole. I got reports that you are the one bringing in soldiers into Nsukka. They have been killing my brothers and colleagues; your own brothers.

“From now to one week, we don’t want to see soldiers in Nsukka. Thank God you have seen how we operate, we are not afraid. Don’t say you were not warned.

“We are begging you but if you fail, we will do it by ourselves; we do it our way. You have been seeing it happen. Go to Anambra

“If you want to know who we are, chat us with this number with which we are sending this video. But remember, it’s one week.”

Ugamatv had reported that the state governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi moved soldiers to some parts of the Nsukka zone mainly Igboeze North following the occupation of some parts of the area by gunmen.

The activities of the gunmen also led Ugwuanyi to impose a 6 pm to 6 am curfew.

Killings and attacks on policemen as well as the burning of public buildings including structures used by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) have been going on in Southeast Nigeria.

Ugamatv had reported that soldiers enforcing the curfew assaulted a retired deputy superintendent of police. They also killed a 65-year-old electrician who was returning from the market.

Neither the Enugu State Government nor the Nigerian Amy has reacted to the alleged atrocities. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.